After trying several products and techniques, I found that my secret to an instant glow with basic makeup for face. Using a moisturizer with SPF, followed by an application of sheer foundation blended with a highlighting cream! With just those two steps, my skin was practically glowing!
- To achieve instant radiance, use a basic makeup regimen that includes tinted moisturizer or foundation, concealer, powder, blush, bronzer, and highlighter.
- Fill in eyebrows, line eyes with eyeliner, and add mascara for definition.
- Swipe on lip gloss or lipstick for a touch of color.
- Set the look with setting spray or powder.
After getting ready for the day, I checked the mirror and discovered that my pet cat had wiped off all my makeup, seemingly jealous of what it saw as a new rival for attention.
Prep your skin for makeup application
Start by cleansing the face with a gentle cleanser.
- It will help prep for any serum or moisturizer you may want to apply next.
- Follow up by exfoliating once a week.
- Removing leftover buildup from day-to-day activities can make makeup application smoother.
- Finish with a lightweight primer that suits your skin type.
- Primers are perfect for basic face makeup as they can fill in open pores and fine lines.
Use a tinted moisturizer or foundation to even out the skin tone
Creating the perfect basic makeup look for your face can be very rewarding when done correctly. One of the main steps to focus on is evening out your skin tone.
A tinted moisturizer or foundation can help achieve this. It can enhance and hide any blemishes or marks that you may have.
A smooth base layer is created for your makeup routine. It also ensures that your other products are blended flawlessly, giving long-lasting results.
Apply concealer to hide any blemishes or dark circles
One of the basic products to keep in your makeup arsenal is concealer. It can hide blemishes or dark circles under the eyes effectively.
A well-applied concealer evens out different tones and colors of your skin, helping with acne, redness, patches of discoloration, or dark circles under the eyes. After applying the concealer correctly, you should finish with foundation and powder for a natural look.
Add blush and bronzer to give your face some color and dimension
Blush adds life to pale complexions, while definition can be added with bronzer or contour powder. Learning how to blend these two items correctly will give you a well-balanced, polished look.
Start with a small amount, as even a little can take you far. Increase gradually until you achieve the desired outcome.
Highlight areas of the face with a highlighter, such as cheekbones, the bridge of the nose, and Cupid’s bow
A great jump start when doing basic makeup is to use a highlighter. Highlighting certain areas of the face can create a sunkissed glow effect and give your look extra dimension and definition.
Specifically speaking, highlighting the cheekbones, bridge of the nose, and Cupid’s bow can be an easy way for anyone to achieve that perfect basic makeup look.
Fill in eyebrows with eyebrow pencil or powder
With basic makeup for the face, filling in the eyebrows with an eyebrow pencil or powder is a great way to define facial features. It keeps them looking neat. Eyebrow shaping should be considered part of a basic makeup routine.
It helps frame the eyes but can also make your face appear more symmetrical. It can be achieved in minutes using quality eyebrow products that are easy to blend and come in various shades.
Line eyes with eyeliner and adds mascara for definition
Applying eyeliner can be tricky, but with a bit of practice, it’s quick and easy to master. Once you have practiced basic techniques, experimenting with new looks becomes fun and exciting!
Alternatives to liquid eyeliner are available, allowing you to choose how defined or dramatic you want your eyelashes to look. Start at the base of the lashes and move outward when applying mascara for an even coating over the entire lash.
Swipe on lip gloss or lipstick for a touch of color
Lip gloss and lipstick provide a vibrant pop of color. Your complexion will be brightened, and your look will be completed by it. Plus, swipe-on lip colors are super easy and quick to apply.
You can get the look you want without spending hours in front of the mirror with a heavy foundation and layers of makeup.
Set the look with setting spray or powder
Setting powder mattifies the skin and diffuses reflective light for a photograph-ready finish. It provides a smooth base underlying other products.
Setting sprays hold products in place and add moisture and hydration. Setting sprays can create special effects, such as adding shimmer or a more airbrushed finish that eliminates shine.
Cosmetic List Required For Instant Glow With Basic Makeup For Face
1. Foundation– A good foundation is a key to any makeup look. It evens out the skin tone and gives the face a nice blank canvas to work with.
2. Concealer– Concealer is a must for hiding blemishes, dark circles, and other imperfections.
3. Powder– Powder helps to set the foundation and concealer, and it also helps to control shine.
4. Blush– Blush adds a pop of color to the cheeks and helps to give the face some dimension.
5. Bronzer– Bronzer can add a sun-kissed look to the face or contour the features.
6. Highlighter– Highlighter is used to accentuate the high points of the face, such as the cheekbones, brow bones, and Cupid’s bow.
7. Eyeshadow– Eyeshadow can create natural, understated, bold, and dramatic looks.
8. Eyeliner– Eyeliner can help to make the eyes look bigger and more defined. It can also be used to create a smokey eye look.
9. Mascara– Mascara opens the eyes and makes them look bigger and more awake.
10. Lipstick– Lipstick is a great way to add color and definition to the lips.
11. Lip Gloss– Lip gloss is perfect for those who want a little bit of color and shine on their lips without all the fuss of lipstick.